The Outreach and Continuing Education Online Teaching and Learning Support Specialist provides basic support to faculty and staff in the creation of online courses, documentation for instructional projects, and media support for academic programs supported by Outreach and Continuing Education, including Bellingham, online, and other locations. This position may be responsible for providing basic course or media support for Western’s programs, supporting instructors and staff in the delivery of classes and meetings at scheduled times, and communicating issues with supervisor(s).
General Online Teaching and Learning Services and Support Core functions may vary from site-to-site:
● Help to support and use the Learning Management System (LMS)
● Perform basic course building and template creation tasks within the LMS
● Generate and edit documentation in a variety of mediums (video, word processing, graphic design, etc.)
● Research, test, and learn technologies, methods, and best practices related to online teaching and learning
● Provide support for staff, faculty, and academic programs in the use and implementation of best practices in teaching and learning
● Provide in-class support of media-based/video conferencing tools, as scheduled
General Office Duties:
● Answer inquiries pertaining to position responsibilities via e-mail and phone
● Operate general office equipment in support of programs and operations
● Coordinate, in a timely manner, with Outreach and Continuing Education on all matters of program operations and administration
● Recognized ability to follow established office policies and procedures
For Washington State HR purposes, this position is classified as an Instructional/Classroom Support Technician 1.