||AS Productions Assistant Director for Marketing and Assessment 2020-2021
|About the Department
The purpose of AS Productions (ASP) is to provide a comprehensive program of student activities and events for Western students and their community. AS Productions presents film series, concerts, lectures, art gallery exhibitions, theater/dance performances, and other entertainment.
|About the Position
The Assistant Director for Marketing & Assessment supervises the two (2) ASP Marketing Coordinators and is responsible for the overall effectiveness of event promotion as well as guiding ASP’s programming through the gathering of quality assessment data.
|Terms of Position
This is a three quarter position. This position starts the Monday two weeks before the start of classes fall quarter and ends the Friday of finals week the following spring quarter. This position works an average of 15 hours per week. The position holder may work more some weeks and less other weeks depending on the office’s needs. The position holder is neither required nor expected to work during intersession, winter break or spring break
- Maintain a minimum credit load throughout term of position of 6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.00 cumulative grade point average.
- Ability to complete the entire term of the position.
Experience successfully leading volunteers, peers, or employees.
· Knowledge or experience with Budget Management.
· Ability to communicate in an effective manner that is welcoming to wide variety of people.
· Experience mediating or resolving interpersonal conflict.
· Ability to work independently and responsibly.
· Ability to work within deadlines and problem solve.
· Effective organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds and opinions.
· Ability to use office productivity software and to assist others in using programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of department and the position’s responsibilities.
· Experience with marketing and event promotion, preferably in a college setting.
· Experience with survey creation and/or data gathering and analysis.
· Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills.
|AS Employment Responsibilities
- Serve the diverse membership of the Associated Students in a professional and ethical manner by:
- Being familiar with and upholding the AS Charter, all WWU policies, and all AS policies (including the Employment Policy, Code of Conduct, Program Standards, etc.).
- Attending all AS staff development events including, but not limited to: pre-fall orientation, pre-winter, pre-spring, and mid-quarter staff developments.
- Being knowledgeable of the AS organization and its general operations.
- Serving on search committees as designated by the AS Personnel Director.
- Ensure the legacy of this position by:
- Working with supervisor and Personnel Director to revise and update position job description.
- Working with the previous position holder to complete a minimum of 15 hours of unpaid internship as well as providing a 15 hour internship to the incoming position holder.
- Developing and maintaining a legacy document as required by the AS Employment Policy.
|AS Productions Responsibilities
- Enhance communication, collaboration, and team cohesion within AS Productions by:
- Attending a weekly ASP Supervisory Team meeting with the ASP Director and the ASP Logistics & Volunteer Coordinator for the purpose of keeping open communication among the leaders of ASP as well as determining a course for future success and improvements.
- Attending all ASP staff meetings as scheduled by the ASP Director.
- Attending the ASP Fall Departmental Training prior to the start of Fall Quarter.
- Facilitating the process of fulfilling event staffing needs by scheduling Production Assistants and/or volunteers as appropriate to upcoming events.
- Maintaining a minimum of 5 publicly-posted office hours per week.
- Performing other duties as needed to support office as a whole.
- Provide Supervision and support for the marketing and promotion efforts of AS Productions by:
- Facilitating a weekly meeting for the ASP Marketing Staff in order to check-in with supervisees and to plan and implement new and creative methods of promotion and assessment.
- Supervising the Marketing Coordinator - Arts & Entertainment and the Marketing Coordinator - Music & Entertainment, ensuring that all of their duties are carried out effectively and with professionalism.
- Serving as a resource person and supportive leader to both the Marketing Coordinators and the Event Coordinators by offering guidance and suggestions on both promotions and event conceptualization, when appropriate.
- Developing any ASP-wide promotional or branding items that may be created, in consultation with the entire ASP office (e.g. ASP brochure, quarterly event calendars, ASP kiosk, ASP website, etc.).
- Monitoring closely all forms of social media currently in use by the office and inspecting posted content for quality, professionalism, and effectiveness.
- Ensure the highest quality and innovation in ASP’s use of media by:
- Building a strong working relationship with the AS Publicity Center (PC) and especially the Lead Graphic Designer and PC Manager, gaining the high level of understanding about the PC operation that is necessary to best serve ASP as both a liaison and an authority on promotional matters.
- Working with the Viking Union IT Department and Web Development Staff on any web-related needs of the ASP office.
- Assisting the ASP Volunteer and Logistics Coordinator to maximize the utilization of ASP volunteers for various supplemental marketing projects.
- Conducting internet research and consulting with the AS Communications & Marketing Office on the latest trends and strategies for maximizing social media outreach.
- Leading the ASP office’s efforts to utilize photo and video at events, for the purposes of both archiving and future promotion. This may include, but is not limited to, utilizing the resources of the Publicity Center, KVIK (AS video production program), ASP’s internal equipment, as well as equipment available via ATUS (campus tech & equipment services).
- Ensure that AS Productions remains a data-driven program by:
- Developing an assessment plan for each ASP office, including the assessment goals for the current year and possible means for achieving them, prior to the start of fall classes.
- Compiling quarterly reports on ASP-wide event attendance (utilization data).
- Serving as a resource and guide to any ASP office participating in the AS Assessment Process led by the Structure and Program Advisory Committee (SPAC). Also, check-in with any ASP office that has already completed the SPAC process to gauge progress toward the program objectives, strategic goals, and student experience outcomes.
- Working with the ASP offices and Director as well as any necessary offices or departments outside of ASP to continually improve data-gathering and assessment efforts, and the technologies that enhance these efforts.
- Maintaining a system for archiving the year's events and successes or delegate this task appropriately.
||All majors are encouraged to apply.
Starting hourly wage of $15.50.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. In your cover letter please also specifically address the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in working for the Associated Students?
2. Why are you interested in working in this position?
3. What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this position?
4. Will you be available for all mandatory AS Staff Development trainings (this will not conflict with school) including Fall Training between September 9th – September 20th, Winter training on Jan 6th, and Spring training on March 30th?
5. What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
|Closing Date Notes
||Application open until April 10th.