|About the Department
Extended Education at Western Washington University expands and diversifies Western’s offerings throughout Puget Sound, the state of Washington, and globally to provide learning options for the contemporary student.
Extended Education connects learners of all ages to the Western Experience through collaboration with colleges, departments and the community, linking university resources with educational needs and opportunities both on and off campus.
Extended Education supports Western’s mission to bring together individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives in an inclusive, student-centered university that develops the potential of learners and the well-being of communities. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and with diverse experiences interested in this opportunity.
For more information on Extended Education, please visit our website.
|About the Position
As our Events Coordinator 3, you will work independently with general supervision to plan, develop, create, implement, direct, coordinate and assess Extended Education programs of varying size, length and scope. Position oversees day-to-day operations of the programs she/he is responsible for and supports and resolves problems within area of delegated authority. Program areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to: Youth Academic Enrichment Programs, International Youth and Adult Groups, Summer Session, and Conference groups. Position may require travel to off site locations and venues.
Position Responsibilities: This position is responsible for management of the entire conference cycle for all Extended Education contracted conferences and events.
Event and Conference Administration
- Project management lead for Extended Ed contracted conference and events
- Serve as on-site team leader and point of contact for Extended Education contracted conferences and events
- Plan, arrange, and coordinate facility and logistics for on-and off-site conferences, seminars, and workshops – including complex single-day conferences, multi-day conferences, and multi-week conferences
- Assign space and monitor facility use to assure conformity with University/Venue policies
- Maintain and establish professional communication with clients to assess and support their needs for conference/event
- Prepare and manage event contracts including venue, catering, speaker, accommodation, etc.
- Manage all aspects of hotel and room block coordination and/or university housing for conference
- Handle conference inquiries and draft conference contract proposals
- Advise event organizers, contractors and other stakeholders on program/conference logistics and decisions
- Ensure that room set ups are prepared as specified by conference client including AV equipment
- Arrange all aspects including reservations, transportation, and parking for site and venue tours
- Arrange meeting spaces, custodial services, audio visual needs, on- and off-campus lodging, transport requests, ADA compliance, parking, and food services for conference participants
- Establish and implement event timelines as necessary to meet the needs of clients and service providers
- Attend meetings with service providers and submit appropriate forms or service requests
- Manage the logistics of registration set-up, rosters/nametags, and troubleshooting registration issues in collaboration with Extended Education Student and Course Services unit
- Provide on-site event logistic management including: facility set-up, directional signage, A/V set-up, monitoring campus services, event check-in, customer service/troubleshooting
- Work with Extended Education’s Marketing unit on conference program, publicity materials, press releases, and emails
- Oversee and monitor compliance with university regulations, policies, and emergency procedures
- Develop systems and procedures for the effective running of Conference Services
- Liaison with Senior Director on establishing and maintaining campus and community partnerships that provide support and/or services for Conference Services
- Establish and manage conference abstract submissions using the appropriate software to monitor submission timelines of call for sessions, call for abstracts, reviewing process and finalization of conference program and schedule
- Generate regular abstract and session reports from conference abstract management system
- Organize conference review process for sessions and abstracts, including online review forms and tracking reviewer assignments, when contracted with conference client to manage abstract submissions
- Drive university vehicle or arrange transport for event supplies
- Perform other duties as required
- Prepare comprehensive and working budgets that outlines the recommended registration fees, sponsorship goals, track unpaid invoices and all conference expenses
- Discuss budget estimates with conference client
- Negotiate, prepare, and manage all event related subcontracts for conference client
- Review, confirm for accuracy all conference service providers invoices to EE Finance unit for payment
- Negotiate services, costs, contract deliverables, and other fiscal transactions with conference client and route for final approval through contract administration
- Monitor and reconcile conference operations budgets
- Develop and provide finalized budget report to conference client
- Coordinate with Extended Education’s Finance unit for the initiation of invoicing, payments, service contracts, and other fiscal and administrative duties
- Supervise and train student and project employees
- Schedule and assign tasks to student and project employees
- Schedule and hold team meetings
- Direct meeting with student and project employees to discuss debrief after each conference to establish lessons learned and best practices
- Create reports summarizing evaluation of conference(s) objective and outcomes
- Answer phone calls and responds to emails in a professional manner
- Create and maintain calendars and schedules for conferences and events
- Create documents, spreadsheets, presentation materials etc. as requested
- Monitor and enter data, which includes pulling reports from various university systems such as: Millennium, Banner, Terradotta, Xenagrade, EMS/25Live, iModules, TEM etc.
- Organize shared drive folders, saves and labels documentation and files for easy search and retrieval
- Place Copy Services request, order supplies and maintain inventory of project supplies