|About the University
||Western Washington University, with over 15,000 students in seven colleges and the graduate school, is nationally recognized for its educational programs, students and faculty. The campus is located in Bellingham, Washington, a coastal community of 83,000 overlooking Bellingham Bay, the San Juan Islands and the North Cascades Mountain range. The city lies 90 miles north of Seattle and 60 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia. Western is the highest-ranking public, master’s-granting university in the Pacific Northwest, according to the 2017 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
|About the Position
As our Events Coordinator, you will provide administrative support to the Conferences Services office in coordinating the 2019 Salmon Recovery Conference, April 7 - 9, 2019 at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center by managing conference registration and acting as the point person for all sponsors, exhibitors, and invited speakers as well as conference registration. You will set registration, monitor numbers, and pull reports. Additionally, you will reach out to previous sponsors and exhibitors to ask for support for 2019's event, set donation tiers, fulfill promised benefits, and track payment, as well as provide general office support.
This is a temporary position - 40 hours per week starting November 1, 2019 - April 30, 2019. This position will not work more than 1050 hours.
Your duties will include:
- Event & Project Coordination
- Set goals, tiers, benefits, fees for the exhibit and sponsor program
- Collect sponsors and exhibitor leads from previous conferences, manage prospect list, and communicate with leads
- Track and fulfill sponsor/exhibitor payments and benefits
- Manage onsite exhibitor hall by assigning booths, ensuring name tags are created, determine venue security create/share venue unload/load procedures, and order Wi-Fi and power
- Establish and implement event timelines as necessary to meet the needs of client and service providers
- Assist and advise committee members on speaker hosting responsibilities
- Coordinate with Extended Education's Student & Course Services unit on registration set-up, rosters/name tags, and troubleshooting registration issues
- Pull reports from registration software and write queries in order to present relevant data to various parties
- Coordinate with Extended Education's Business Services unit for the initiation of invoicing, payments, service contracts, and other fiscal and administrative duties
- Confirm final presentation arrangements, including audio visual equipment requirements, hand-outs, and any other presenter or invited speaker needs or requests
- Respond to presenter and invited speaker requests for information about travel and lodging
- Coordinate the collection of speaker biographical information, photograph, and tiles of talks for program and distribute to marketing, as appropriate
- Administrative Support
- Provide on-site event coordination including: facility setup, directional signage, A/V setup, monitoring services, event check-in, customer service/troubleshooting
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails in a professional manner
- Create documents, spreadsheets, presentation materials, etc. as requested
- Monitor, enter data, and pull reports from university systems to include: Millennium Banner, iModules, etc.
- Organize shared drive folders, save and label documentation and files for easy search and retrieval
- Perform other duties as assigned